Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Which is worse?

Much to do is being made of a comment Wayne Simmonds made about Sean Avery during last nights Flyers / Rangers preseason battle. I don't say allegedly as many news sites are almost required to say - he made the comment - I have no doubts. If there is any doubt in your mind - play this video

Simmonds

For some strange reason, not much press is being given to this little tid-bit that happened seconds before.....

Avery

So I ask you - seriously - which is worse? Calling someone a name (remember sticks and stones growing up?) or threatening to kill someone?

And don't tell me Avery didn't really mean to kill Giroux. That would imply you were able to read Avery's twisted thoughts and say that he meant he was just going to beat him up or something like that...right? Well, I just so happen to have that same clairvoyant ability and I was reading Simmonds' mind at the very time he uttered those nasty horrific words that everyone is so shocked about. He wasn't saying anything about Avery's sexuality (as if there is any doubt) and how dare you have such terrible thoughts anyway...what's wrong with you for thinking that? Naturally when he called him a faggot he was referring to this -

Faggot

Someone who goes by the name Freudian put it best when he posted a comment on a message board that read "I'm sure some gays will be offended by being compared to Avery, but I think most don't care."

And there you have it. Case closed.....let's play hockey.

EDIT: Just as I was about to publish this post - I received an alert on my phone indicating that Simmonds would not be punished by the league.  Thank God.....there seems to be some common sense left in this world afterall.

No comments:

Total Pageviews